Thursday, July 16, 2015

1982, THE PIG MATERNITY UNIT "I want to live with the pigs" underground performance

PIG FARM IN THE SMALL VILLAGE NEXT TO PLZEN, CZECHOSLOVAKIA

THE "BE A PIG" PERFORMANCE.

The photographic documentation of this performance piece was confiscated by the totalitarian government security forces, and probably destroyed. I was interrogated and sent away for a psychiatric evaluation. The drawing was made later as the reconstruction of the performance.

Being a part of the Czech underground artistic movement "Second Culture", I decided to leave the human society and live with the pigs. I considered them more acceptable than the people from the society I lived in. I went to the huge pig farm nursery, took of all my cloth, lied down in the pig shit next to the friendly mother pig, join feeding with her other piglet babies.