Friday, July 17, 2015

August, 2008, Performance at the location of the future US Army base in the Czech Republic


AUGUST 21. 2008 , "LONG LIVE BARBED WIRE, THE SYMBOL OF GROWING FREEDOM IN THE WORLD " PERFORMANCE,
BRDY MOUNTAINS, THE PLACE OF THE AMERICAN ARMY BASE IN CZECH REPUBLIC,

As an "enlightened Czech new wave venture capitalist," I decided to support the idea of the presence of the new foreign troops on the Czech territory (AUGUST.21 is the fortieth anniversary of the occupation of Czechoslovakia by Soviet Union in 1968 - Russian troops then stayed till 1989. Now American troops will be moving in - isn't it wonderful?). Therefore I illegally entered the area where the new American military base (radar) will be built (near Misov in the Brdy mountains, about three miles inside the area forbidden to the public), with the plan to make the barbed wire surrounding the building site even stronger. I brought my own barbed wire to support the idea of more army bases and wars around the world. Finally I got to the boundary where the American razor wire was laid down (it can easily cut your veins if you fall over it - in some countries this kind of barbed wire is banned by law). Before the edge of the actual wire, I noticed an inductive motion detection sensor system (small wire on the tiny sticks), which is supposed to send an impulse to the guards if somebody breaches the area. I was sure that the guards would not be such "enlightened supporters of barbed wire and army bases" as I was, and maybe they would prevent me from voluntarily improving their barbed wire. So I knew I had just a few minutes for the action. So I crossed the motion detection sensors and started to apply my own barbed wire. After few minutes I heard a military police car coming my way, so I hid in the nearby grass . They stopped exactly at the place where I had broken in (my suspicions were right about the electronic detection system) and they started to search for me. But since they did not bring a dog, they gave up after a while and left. Then I slowly and quietly disappeared, because I had succeeded in supporting another "freedom" - barbed wire.

(08-26) 11:53 PDT MOSCOW, Russia (AP) -- Russian President Dmitry Medvedev is warning his country may respond to a U.S. missile shield in Europe through military means. Medvedev says that the deployment of an anti-missile system close to Russian borders "will of course create additional tensions."

No comments: