Friday, July 17, 2015

2000, MARCH - BOSTON , "You do not need to keep me in the cage I already love capitalism"


MARCH 30, 2000 FROM 4PM TO 6PM BOSTON, MA, INTERNATIONAL ART EXCHANGE PROGRAM BETWEEN MOBIUS AND ARTISTS FROM PULA, PUBLIC PERFORMANCE IN TRAIN STATION "YOU DO NOT NEED TO KEEP ME IN THE CAGE ANYMORE"

FILM:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4XfJewtVdCM

Cage-video  ( as a part of the Tim Jackson's film about the street performers "RADICAL JESTERS")

I stood in a cage in the main hall of the largest Boston railway station ? South Station - during rush-hour. The station was extremely busy with many businesspeople on their way home from their downtown offices. As they passed around my cage I addressed them. Using a wireless microphone my voice was amplified by a speaker system. I talked to them in a serious, neutral voice, explaining why I was inside a cage. I stressed my position to be very painful but fully deserved. I explained to them: "Once there was a reason to keep me inside of the cage all the time because I was an unreasonable critic of the capitalist system." I told them: "That time is over, and now I want to win your trust because I have accepted the capitalist market system and recognize that system to be the best one in the history of humankind." I repeatedly asked for their forgiveness for my past stupidity. I asked them to let me be as free, truthful and honest as they were.


RADICAL JESTERS from tim jackson on Vimeo.

No comments:

Post a Comment